View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #566
QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
Finally have proper internet, so decided to try out Xbox Live for a month to see if it's for me. So, I've been playing a lot of Black Ops, despite having heard tons of bad stuff about the community that plays the COD games. Mostly been playing free-for-all deathmatch, but Zombies is as exciting as it is in split-screen. Not much that can be said- dumb fun, but it's well made and I'm having a great time with it.
Yeah... about that...

I've only recently familiarized myself Call of Duty since July, 2012, when I finally had some spare bucks and purchased a PS3. I'm only familiar with both Black Ops games and Modern Warfare 3, but I can openly tell you that the praise behind their multiplayer modes is indefensible bunk.

I'll admit that they're the first FPSs that I've ever played online, and the online play isn't what I was hoping for. It's sloppy and frustrating -- especially when I fire of half a magazine of machine gun ammo on someone who is right in front of me, only to immediately die and see that I fell before even squeezing the trigger.

Of the three, Black Ops is the worst of them. I could list maybe 100 design mistakes made, but I'll limit it to the three that I find most appalling. The attack dog and attack helicopter killstreak rewards are so overpowered, they're practically broken. The respawn point placements are equally questionable, since it's too common to spawn in front of an enemy dog, an enemy helicopter, or right in front of an enemy soldier. Above all else, though, Nuketown may very well be the single worst multiplayer map in the history of video gaming -- regardless of genre.

However, if you really want to see Black Ops' pinnacle of brokenness, here's what you need to see:

I've far too often found myself on the wrong end of situations like these, and I have no problems quitting out of such matches. I don't rage quit because I'm on a team that's losing. I only rage quit because it's my way of saying, "Treyarch, just because you made some truly SHITHEAD design choices doesn't mean I have to suffer through them." (And I very rarely resort to profanity on these boards.)

And Black Ops' Zombies mode? I'd rather call it ZZZombieZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote