View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #557
QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
QXZ, if you're reading this, have you any tips for me? I'm playing the Arabian Nights table, but I feel that it is completely dependent on luck how well I do. I have no table control whatsoever. I get the idea between controlling the ball by trapping and keeping it away from the slingshots, but...aaaggggh! Is it just practice makes perfect? I'm flailing here...

Edit: the fact I'm playing the Arabian Nights table is irrelevant, I have these issues on all tables.
I actually learned FarSight's engine mechanics from the Pinball Hall of Fame collections. The best advice for ball control is this: Pressing upward on the left thumbstick will give the ball slight upward momentum. For horizontal control, gently tilt the left thumbstick in the opposite direction you want the ball to go. If the ball appears to be headed for the left outlane, tap the stick leftward, and the ball will roll slightly to the right.

And, as a matter of personal opinion, Tales of the Arabian Nights is another excellent table.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png

Last edited by QXZ; 05-24-2013 at 01:20 AM.
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote