View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Re: Roger Ebert: 1942-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
It's sad to hear the Roger has passed. I really loved watching his reviews back in the Siskel & Ebert days.
I certainly did too, and I still find myself watching Siskel & Ebert episodes online -- even if it's been posted by their fans. In my younger days,Siskel & Ebert (and Roeper and Jay and Alice...) was one of the very few programs I looked forward to watching every Sunday evening on the Los Angeles ABC affiliate. I'm not a big movie aficionado by any stretch, I still think that a critic for any medium should consider Ebert's material well worthy of reading.

From Roger Ebert's final blog post:
Quote:
For years I devoutly took every one of my tear sheets, folded them and added them to a pile on my desk. [...] Today, because of technology, the opportunities to become bigger, better and reach more people are piling up too. The fact that we're re-launching the site now, in the midst of other challenges, should give you an idea how important Rogerebert.com and Ebert Digital are to Chaz and me. I hope you'll stop by, and look for me. I'll be there.

So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies.
To your final words, Roger, a very big thumbs up...

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote