View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #38
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Re: Game of the Year - preliminary discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
We could always give Mass Effect an extra zero in honour of your choice
I'll be doing the math, so you better add my 0 points!

Here are my top 5:

1. Sleeping Dogs - It is the modern Double Dragon in an open world. Both the driving and hand to hand combat were a lot of fun. One of the few games that I actually bought the DLC for.

2. Assassin's Creed 3 - I would say that I love this game for the alternate history, but isn't alternate history what were leaned in school anyways? Love the setting and characters. Ubisoft took a risk and took the series in a new direction. They still need to work on the controls though.

3. Forza Horizon - love driving around a fictional Colorado. A good break form the sim games.

4. FIFA Street- FIFA Street is a game that I found myself staying up real late saying "one more match."

5. Borderlands 2 - Borderlands 2 is what I wanted from the fist game. Spent many hours wandering the wasteland.

Games that I wished I played before the new year:
• Binary Domain
• Yakuza: Dead Souls
• Lone Survivor
• SMT: Devil Survivor 2
• Far Cry 3
• Last Story
• The Walking Dead
• Journey

Biggest dud: Resident Evil 6 - I have nothing against military shooters. In fact I play most of them. However when Resident Evil turns into one (a least a portion of the game) I think it is time to take a rest from the genre.

Worst come-back: Kid Icarus Uprising - Pit was a big reason I bought the last Smash Brothers and I wasn't disappointed. I knew at that point Nintendo was going to bring back Kid Icarus... Then they did... and it was a rail shooter... and they had to include a stand for the 3DS because the controls were so bad... then they said it may be another 20 years before we see another Kid Icarus... Not happy.

Best new hardware: PS Vita - While I am on the fence with the Wii U I love the Vita. People cpmplain about the lasck of games, but the 3DS didn't have that big of a year in games and I don't see anyone making a fuss about that.

Last edited by abfackeln; 12-23-2012 at 02:02 PM.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote