View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Re: Game of the Year - preliminary discussion

well, to clarify-XCom is the first game I can remember in a long time, a really long time, that I can sit down and knock out 4+ hours of play without even thinking about it, but yet I can also leave it alone because I don't want to feel like I'm slogging through it.

Second, it's the first game in a really really long time where I am playing right on the line of losing the game, and keeping the thing going by making every decision count.

All the complaints I hear about bad spawns and shooting through walls don't matter to me. It's random maps + the Unreal engine. that it works really well most of the time is good enough for me.

But, like the original, if I get raped on a map, I restart.

I wouldn't mind some color-coded halo effects for my units so that I could quickly see who the snipers and heavies are at a distance to coordinate movements better, but that's my only real complaint. I love the game, got it on sale for 25$, and feel I've been solidly entertained and challenged.
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote