View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #356
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

That's exactly what I was going to do- the mission where you have to kill everyone in a mansion without them knowing it's you sounds interesting. I really like the speech minigame, though!

I hate being one of these people who cry "dumbing down for the console crowd", but that's precisely Oblivion's problem. In Morrowind, everything was based on how many points you had in a certain area. So, even if you sword or spell may physically hit an enemy, it's not necessarily a hit. I thought it was weird at the time, but in hindsight, I think it really worked in it's favour. Also, in Morrowind, you could ask any character anything, so long as it was brought up in a previous conversation. In Oblivion, you have, at best, four or five things to speak to an NPC about.

On the plus side, exploring is infinitely more interesting than the two modern Fallout games. That's all that's keeping me going.

Started Dark Souls again, purely because of the contrast and skill in comparison to Oblivion. Only a couple of hours in, but I'm loving it all over again.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote