View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #338
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou View Post
I'm about five hours into the new XCom game, and I'm debating whether to stick with my "classic ironman" game or start a new "impossible ironman" run. Classic mode just doesn't feel unfair enough yet. I blame the tutorial.
You happy with it so far? Classic Ironman has one save, right? Not hard enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
Oh, you guys, communicating in secret code. Managed to resist reading it :-P

Started playing Resi 5 with my woman. It's brilliant. The best co-op game I've played since Toejam and Earl on the Mega Drive. Tackling the first boss together was truly exciting (although it was as much of a battle convincing her to lure the monster to the blast furnace and staying in there until I was ready to lock it in, as it was fighting the monster itself, lol), it's just a great game. We make a great team, too- she likes being trigger-happy with an SMG, and I'm an short range with a shotgun kinda guy, so arguing over ammunition is never a problem. If Resi 6 is like this, then I'll be investing in that soon.

Also, Just Cause 2. Not even an hour in, and I've already hijacked a helicopter in mid-flight. The vehicle controls are heavier and more responsive than I thought (more Red Faction:Guerrilla than Saints Row), which is what I value most from games like this. Loving it thus far.
Hmm, Resi 5 is free on PS+ this month (along with Bulletstorm, but that game was marketed so badly that not even a free copy tempts me even though I hear it is actually a good game). However I have Borderlands 2 as the co-op game de jour right now.

I enjoyed what little of Just Cause 2 I played (I accidentally overwrote my save after a particularly tedious story mission so no going back). I mostly fooled about in helicopters and planes; I could see it get boring after a while but it was surprisingly good.

Li-Ion

SPOILERS BELOW FOR SPEC OPS THE LINE - DO NOT READ

Very interesting - I shot the soldier, of the two guys hanging up, as I doubted I could kill the snipers in time (plus I was conditioned to do what I was told by the game, no doubt about that). I shot into the air more out of clumsiness in the crowd scene, and was delighted I could do that, I was panicking a bit at the prospect of shotgunning the civilians en masse at that point!

It did quite a few things well, actually!

I reacted badly to the 'It's all your fault' stuff though - I was thinking, no it's fucking not! I guess I am the typical shooter player that the game is making fun of

I think you may have it right on these points, though if they intended the 'you're already dead' bit they should have made it a little less subtle maybe.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote