View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Rate this review: DMC HD Collection

A very strong first post! Really impressed with this review - it covers all the bases, reads well, and has a sense of humour.

Minor complaints:

Quote:
Speaking of empty spaces, there is just too much it in Devil May Cry 2. Most of the time you'll be running down a long empty street or alley with no interaction. The creators attempted to introduce an amulet system, but it comes across as clunky and burdensome. Even the inclusion of a second playable character seemed tacked on.
I would tweak slightly to be

Quote:
There is just too much empty space in Devil May Cry 2. Most of the time you'll be running down a long empty street or alley with no interaction. The creators attempted to introduce an amulet system[what is this? Need short explanation maybe?], but it comes across as clunky and burdensome. Even the inclusion of a second playable character seemed tacked on.
And I'm not sure that you want to start asking questions about an old game halfway through the review:

Quote:
So what the hell happened to DMC 2? Why was series creator Hideki Kamiya not asked to helm the sequel? Why was the combat dumbed down? What happened to the story? What the hell was the story about? Who knows? You could skip DMC 2 and you won’t be missing much.
I would possibly leave that out, or just package it in a more general paragraph about the weakness of the game. It's valid criticism but just seems a bit late in the day to be asking these questions.

Otherwise, very good review.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote