Thread: Dragons Dogma
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Dragons Dogma

Finally got to play for an extended session today. It is interesting, to say the least!

I hired Li-Ion's pawn, and a sturdy fellow (level 34) he is too. I also hired another friend's level 24 mage, and I thought I'd basically be able to run around wreaking havoc. However, I don't know how the enemies are scaled, but it is still a real struggle - and there is definitely no rushing into fights all guns blazing - fights are tough. Even with the two lads above, gangs of bandits were kicking my ass, although that could be down to my lack of health.

I also created my own Pawn, a healing strider (ranged) who doesn't seem to heal. She was already borrowed out to someone and was returned in 5 mins (she has a distinctive name but no skills )

The game is intriguing. I've logged off, and don't know if the pawns return to their masters now, or wait until I fire them. Also I have no idea how to gift them stuff - I've given them some magic rings which are probably pathetic loot for their level but I don't know if they take back all their loot etc.

Also, I feel like I should be using other people's low-level pawns at this stage - after several hours I didn't even manage to get the two senior pawns to level up.

What is the deal with levelling up? Can I distribute XP, skills etc?

Also, the game provides no guidance on anything, really. You're on your own and it's fun to work things out, though I could have done with a shorter night-cycle. You can see nothing at night, and are generally stuck out in the wilds where monsters await.

Anyway, must go and watch Holland being beaten in the Euros
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote