View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #248
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

Fallout: New Vegas. Finally. Waited for the GOTY edition, pre-ordered, and have only just got round to starting it. At the moment... it feels eerily similar to Fallout 3. I don't know, I was expectiing for it all to look a lot brighter, as that game is set out in the desert, but it still all looks so dull. Just yellow-y grey, instead of grey grey. I suppose it's a step up.

On the bright side, the graphics are technically improved over number 3. Also, even in this early stage, many of the side missions feel a lot fresher and inventive than before. Also like the system where different places have different feelings towards you, like in Fallout and Fallout 2 (I think. It's been a while since I played those ones). Adds an extra dimension to the gameplay, although I'm sceptical about how different it will make my journey through the desert wasteland to anyone else's.

Should also note I'm playing on hardcore mode. To be honest, other than the extra weight of Ammo, it doesn't really seem to be much more of a challenge than it normally would be."Stimpaks etc healing over time", I assumed that would mean the course of several minutes rather than several seconds.

Enjoying it all so far, however.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote