View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #22
gamevet

Re: 2011 Community GOTY

I haven't played a lot of games that were released in 2011. The only titles I've played from this year are Skyrim, Crysis 2 (PC) and Modern Warfare 3. I've spent most of the year playing older titles like Starcraft II, Starcraft, Pinball FX2, Crysis (PC), Metro 2033 (PC), Killzone 3 and Fallout: New Vegas (360).

My vote has to go with Skyrim. I've put in about 70 hours so far, and I'm still drawn into the world Bethesda has created.

Second place goes to Crysis 2 (PC). Yeah, the story isn't all that great, but the way you go about killing enemies sets this game apart from your normal Call of Duty style of shooter.

Third has to go to Modern Warfare 3. I honestly don't think this game deserves to be this high up on anyone's list. It does nothing to improve upon the previous Modern Warfare, or Call of Duty games, and the story is pretty much been there, done that.

If I were to include a game that was released in 2010, I'd put Fallout: New Vegas in second place. It does everything I loved about Fallout 3, and offers much more to explore and do. I still need to put in another 20 hours or so, before I will finish this title though, as I've played 70 hours so far.

Last edited by gamevet; 12-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote