View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #131
Blinn
New Poster

Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

Quote:
It's really nice to see some new folks here. Please tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do for a living? What are your hopes and dreams?
My name is Blinn. I'm one of those gamers who feels the video game industry just isn't exciting anymore because of the way gaming corporations handle video game development. To me, it seems every game is trying to be a copy of another game. However, I plan on changing that in the future with a video game concept of my own.

As for where I'm from, I'm from England, and currently, I have no job, due to problems IRL. However, that doesn't stop me from starting a career of my own.

My hopes and dreams are to invent a new kind of video game that takes everything I learned from my early childhood to my early adulthood, and making a PC game out of it. However, it's much more abstract than that.

Now I don't know all the ins and outs of the whole procedure of making a video game, but that's why I came here, so I could learn what it takes. I have the imagination, the drive, and a lot of creative writing ability. The first thing I want to do is look for someone that I can talk up a technical game design document with.

To give you an idea of how much potential this idea of mine has, I talked to a friend who loves WoW. As his #1 game, he rated it an 8.8. When I talked about just the character design, the faction element, and especially the level and extent of fan-based participation, he rated that an 8.8 as well.

My overall idea is a MMORPG with real-world physics, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I really would like to find someone who can give me guidance for my particular needs as a (hopeful) indie game developer. I don't plan on making this game overnight and the best ones often take years to make, but I have the patience and all the time in the world to prepare.
Blinn is offline   Reply With Quote