View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #232
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Last movie impressions

The Three Musketeers

I was thinking throughout that, whilst the humour was pretty lame (and was almost entirely reliant on having the fat one from that awful sitcom, Gavin & Stacey or something, being cast as the eponymous heroes' manservant; a poor man's Baldric, in this case), the acting wasn't bad, and the "feel" of the film (the action sequences, the way the characters all dressed) was fun. And yet, I didn't really enjoy it. Somehow the script was both overly simple and convoluted at the same time, and I wondered how this could be. When the end credits rolled, I realised; It was directed by the guy who did the Resident Evil films, Paul W. S. Anderson (should have guessed when I first saw Millla Jovovich was in this film, really).

I can't even begin to go into the story of the film; it's simple enough, but so stupid I don't want to have to waste my time doing so. Really wanted to like this, but overall pretty terrible. A few laughs were to be had from the arrogant and naive young King Louis XIII, and Jovovich is fucking hot.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote