View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
SparkyClarkson

Rep Power: 6 SparkyClarkson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Please Rate This Review: Knights Contract

This comes across as a pretty personal review, by which I mean that you show up a lot in it. I think it could do with a little less of the signposting ("...I've established...") and a little stronger orientation towards the game.

For the most part, you do a good job of laying out the core concepts of the design and showing how each one fails, but you don't really go into any depth about the immortality mechanic. Which character is immortal? Does that impact the gameplay positively or negatively?

In terms of this site, this would be a "second opinion" review. The editors generally prefer for these to engage in at least some dialogue with the initial review (here's Trent's). Trent seems to have felt that the witch wasn't too much trouble, but he hated the QTEs. So, perhaps you should focus on the shortcomings of the co-op (disputing his take) and leave off commenting on the boss fights, since he covered that in much the same way you did. You both seem to think that the spells are overpowered, but he appreciated the aesthetic while you did not; that's worth exploring some.