View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #74
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: Last movie impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
Watched Repo Men (not to be mistaken with Repo - the genetic opera, which has a similar premise but completely different execution) and was pleaseantly surprised. A good movie overall. Not a great movie, mind you, nothing that will set the world on fire. But a solid movie with a good cast - Jude Law, Forest Whitaker and Liev Schreiber make a solid trio for the movie to base on. I am pleased by the fact that they didn't botch the ending. A glance at the imdb-boards also showed me that surprisingly many didn't watch the movie 'till the end and started bitching about it or simply didn't understand what it meant. The latter is baffling to me, since it's not exactly rocket science.
How does it compare to Repo? I always thought Repo had an excellent premise, but I thought the film itself, while interesting and original, wasn't that great. It certainly doesn't deserve the cult following it has gained, in my book.

The Big Lebowski

A film I've intended to watch for a few years now, as everybody seems to praise it. And I can see why. The plot was pretty cool; it kept you guessing, and there were twists and turns ensureing you were never going to guess exactly what was going on. But it is the characters that make this film, from the Dude to Mister Lebowski and his assitant, and from the psychotic Germans to Walter (who could well be the best character ever created). One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time, excellent. 9/10
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote