View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #93
karn1
New Poster

Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

Hello everyone, my name is Albert, but you can call me by my nickname karn1. I am 24 years old and a Master student in Film Studies at the university of Amsterdam. I live in Utrecht, a city close to Amsterdam.
My love for gaming started with the NES of a friend of mine. I wouldn't get one from my parents so I would always go over to my friends place to play some games. Sometimes I still have those 8-bit soundtracks in my head when I wake up in the morning. After that it was mainly PC-gaming for me as we didn't have a console at home, but there were some interesting titles for the PC. It's only since two months that I own an Xbox 360, but I have always been interested in games. I don't play a lot (except that I'm hooked at the Halo Reach multiplayer atm), but I love reading and talking about games and the impact of the medium on culture in general. Really fascinating stuff.
I have been listening to the podcast for about 1,5 years now and I follow the staff on twitter, so I thought it's about time to get a little bit more involved.
karn1 is offline   Reply With Quote