View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 AM   #24
crackajack
32-bit Poster

Re: Last movie impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
I agree with RandomRob on this... Batman, he is incorruptable, unlike, as Rob has already said, Dent.
Yeah, and i'm asking: why is it so.
Bruce also wanted to shoot the murderer... he only missed the chance but later on he evolves. Bruce/Batman wants to continue the job his parents started and Rachel, as the real legally! working order!, is his guiding moral anchor?

The second movie lacks some satisfying explanations for Dent Batman got in the first one.

Dent seems to be nothing more than a masculine version of Rachel, just with a winner-smile and public attention? And he is totally lost as soon as he looses Rachel. OK, he loves her and wants to marry her. Greatly told in some seconds of the movie. But beside just telling the fundamentals it should have shown it more, what connected them so strong? Why is he so easily falling apart accepting the logic of chaos. His exact character and the influence of Rachel's in his split up is missing in my opinion.

Jokers different stories of him becoming him fits to his character, Ras was a "innovative" cleaner, Scarecrow seems similar to Joker, just loving playing with madness, but Dent was a nice guy? And then?

Imo he is too roughly characterized because Rachel was forgotten.
crackajack is offline   Reply With Quote