Thread: Oblivion
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Re: Oblivion

...and so I ran headfirst into a wall of fail. Someone should warn you that levelling up your character is a really bad idea in this game. What's the point of having a levelling system, when all the enemies level with you and do that apparently more efficient? Since I didn't optimize my levelling strategy (mainly because I was just trying out stuff) my character grew weaker with each level, relative to all the enemies in the game. I think a sewer rat can kick my butt at this point by just looking at me funny.

An Oblivion wiki I found talks of the "levelling problem", where you find advice like...
Quote:
There are several strategies for overcoming the leveling problem. One is to never let your character sleep, and therefore your character will never level up [...]
What kind of advice should that be? That's basically saying the best way to play the game is to ignore that it's an rpg.

I just imagine the heroes of TES being insomniacs who inject themselves red bull to keep going so that their enemies don't get stronger. A bit like Nightmare on Elf street.

With this in mind I doubt that I will keep on playing Oblivion. I like the outset, but the game mechanics just killed it for me.

p.s. I bought a house for the bard, but since the character was rendered useless there's not really a way to enjoy this

Last edited by Li-Ion; 08-25-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo... yeah, it's late...
Li-Ion is offline   Reply With Quote