View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Unregistered

Re: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of Starry Sky Tips Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's true... I'm having the same problem. I'll check back later if anyone's got help.
(here is what the guide says to do, hope it helps)
Talk to Brunhild again in Gleeba. She's still at the top of the Mirage Mahal. Once you have a 15th level paladin, ask her to engage your paladin in a challenge.
Travel to Gerzuun after you've accepted this quest. Search for Infernal Armours in that dungeon. Kill three of these with damage that is deflected by the Pincushion ability. That shouldn't sound easy. It's tricky as anything.
Pincushion doesn't do a lot of damage unless your character is taking a lot of damage. The best way to do this is to wound an Infernal Armour, and kill off anything that appears with it. Once the fight is fully under control, use characters to deal predictable damage to bring the target down to minimal health.
For example, have a heavy hitter who can deal nearly 100 points come in for the initial shot. Then, have someone tap at the armour for a few points here and there to set it up for the kill. Have your paladin Whistle while this is going on to get the target into a rage and ensure that it attacks you in subsequent rounds.
Rinse and repeat this process. If you're a higher level, come alone. You can skip the Whistle part of the procedure and save a massive amount of time and annoyance.
(well thats all of it. if you need help with any other quests or whatever please post and i will reply as soon as i can.)