View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
Brad Gallaway
Demons are defeated

Re: Please rate this review: Dead Rising

Hey Voice.

I definitely give you props for your persistence… = )

If you want my honest feedback on the review (and the others you've written) is to first, really take a look at the reviews we publish on the site. You’ve got to be kind of shooting for that ballpark if you have the ultimate goal of getting one of your pieces up on the homepage.

Copy the format. Copy the style. For people who are submitting randomly from the Internet like yourself, we really don't expect you to reinvent the wheel, we just want to see someone who's got good writing chops and a way to express themselves effectively.

This review is nowhere near the level of something that we would consider publishing, and I don't mean to say that in a dismissive or negative way, it's just a fact. Work on presenting clear ideas and supporting those ideas with examples. Breaking it down even further, just write a straightforward essay about why you think Game XYZ is good or bad, and follow traditional essay structure. Once you’ve got that down, then you can start branching out into more creative, personalized ways of writing.

From the pieces you've submitted so far, the most important piece advice I can give you is to go back and polish up your grasp on the basics.