View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
thevoice560
New Poster

Please rate this review: Fable 2

After playing Fable 2, several words came to mind; boring, pretentious, repetitve, monotonous. I was hoping for all of the things that Peter Molyneux promised for Fable one would see the light of day last. But alas, dissapointment came in its place and blinded my eyes, forcing me to wear sunglasses while playing.
The story is easily a rehash of the first Fable, in a later setting. You are once again destined to be the hero of the land, despite that you make all of your money from doing boring jobs that are each composed of the same quick time mini game, instead of doing quests that heroes are kind of known to do.
The moral choice system seems to have been dumbed down this time around, though you can now have a neutral character, so instead of it always being yes or no, you can finally just "I don't know, maybe" or my favorite "aw fuck it".
The ending is makes you choose between one of three endings, thus making the moral choice system useless. You could be as righteous as Jesus, yet still choose to make the world your bitch, making it pointless to have to make any important decisions throughout the entire game.
Fable 2 isn't an abysmal game, it is simply boring and pretentious, falling incredibly flat under the amount of hype that it had recieved.
thevoice560 is offline   Reply With Quote