View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #16
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

I only just discovered the game yesterday, and promptly bought it.

I've played 1 game so far, on easiest difficulty, and used the same strategy that allowed me to win the original game, but it didn't work in this version thats for sure.

However it became apparent that I was going to run out of time long before even having a revolution. Am I right to say original had 2 seasons (turns) per year later on? Does this mean one has less turns to win the game?

Next thing I noticed was that to hurry up people on docks got more and more expensive (even If never doing it) and was getting up to $15,000 (!!!) towards the end of my game! This meant it was stupid as it was FAR cheaper just to train the person I required.

Like the others here, I got drilled when I declared independence. I was outnumbered vastly, and all my ships (At least 2 of every sort) got sunk by 1 (yes one) enemy man-o-war. I was getting a good attrition rate, but I only lasted to wave 2 then my capital fell, and show was all over (out of turns with only 5 military units left anyway).

I'm so happy the game is pretty much like the original, but I'll have to try smiting the Indians for treasure strategy, or the no bells strategy, cos there is no way I can see I'll win (on easiest) any other way.