Huntsman: The Orphanage Tips Problems FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Guide
Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Huntsman: The Orphanage for PC. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
From the dev
Huntsman: The Orphanage - Getting Started
OK, so you've listened to either the male or female narrator’s story (maybe both!) and you've chosen your avatar, picked out a skin tone, tattoo and the color of your smartphone cover – so now what?
The creepy music has finished playing and you’re left standing alone in the dark next to an old phone box… a great start for a scary game! First up – go on, be brave and check out that ringing phone – it might be your Mom checking out how you’re doing… or not!
Huntsman: The Orphanage is not your typical game – there’s no time limit, no body count and no weapons. We want you to become immersed in the story – just as humans have since time began.
Think of an ancient storyteller sitting around a flickering fire. There was no YouTube, no video – it was all about the power of the mind - we listened, we watched and we imagined!
There are plenty of clues around, but you will need to be patient – sit quietly and listen to the characters stories when they speak to you – close your eyes – picture the scenes, the events – it’s all there – inside your head – you simply have to piece the puzzle together!
Oh alright then, enough ethereal stuff for the moment – so you want some practical tips? OK.
Look around, there are three paths before you – so, duh, read the signpost and check out which one is going to lead you to Grimhaven Orphanage – after all that’s where the action is!
Once inside – if you make it that far without freaking out on me – check out your surrounds. You’ll see an old portrait on the floor ahead of you.
Shine your torch on it and the character will tell you some of their story. This requires patience, but it’s a great way to find out what’s going on and who did what when! The more portraits (stories) you listen to, the clearer your task will become.
Be aware – you only need to save the twelve orphans. The adults tell their stories too, simply to help you understand…
In a nutshell for the impatient souls amongst us:
1) Way back in 1898, twelve orphans were taken by the Huntsman (more about him later!) and placed into a limbo-like dimension in an alternate thread of space and time (kewl!).
2) To honour their memory (and ease his guilt) the crazy old caretaker built a hedge maze. At different points within the maze he set a memorial headstone for each missing child.
3) The thing is the orphans aren’t dead – they’re just trapped in an alternate limbo dimension, so your job is to free them. Each orphan has one special item that means something to them and connects them with this world.
4) Find each orphan’s special item (the clues are in their stories, like we said) and place it on their headstone to free them from the limbo place.
5) See? Too easy! You only have to look inside the Orphanage buildings and around the grounds... and then find your way through the maze in the darkness!
6) Oops – a couple of things I forgot to mention. The Huntsman (think scary monster man with multiple limbs who can warp you through time and space) isn't keen on you poking your nose in where it’s not wanted. So he’s going to try and put you in the same limbo he sent the orphans to – which is not good.
7) No weapons! But don’t panic! The Huntsman doesn't have a bazooka either, so it’s a fair contest! Get too close to him though, and he’ll just suck the life right out of you – nice!
8) Take a concrete pill! It’s not that hard! You can hear the Huntsman coming as he wears pocket watches all over his outfit – I’m not telling you why –go find out yourself!
9) The orphans may try to contact you from time to time, to help or hinder – so choose carefully whom you trust…
10) Oh yeah – and one of the orphans is your Ancestor – your ‘Great Great someone’ - so if you don’t save them… how can you be sitting here now, playing this game, you don't exist...go figure!!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2010 GameCritics.com. All rights reserved.