GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Go Vacation Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19018)

Dale Weir 10-20-2011 09:56 PM

Go Vacation Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Go Vacation for Nintendo Wii. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 10-24-2011 02:06 PM

Re: Go Vacation Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Any hints as to where the secret cave is at the Marine Resort? Any hints/tips to secret or hidden locations appreciated! My ATV is low on gas...LOL

Thanks!

captain456 11-02-2011 08:26 AM

Re: Go Vacation Tips Achievements FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

The secret cave in the Marine resort is a bit tricky to find. To find it, you first have to be familiar with the ATV park (I believe it's called Wild Hills Off-Road Park) and you need an ATV. The park is pretty huge, but one section of the track is split up by a small rock wall even though both paths lead to the same huge jump. If you've found that then head in the OPPOSITE direction of the huge jump. You'll find another ramp and to the right of it will be a huge rock wall. This wall will have a section that is smaller than the rest of it and a person will be standing on it. You have to jump off of the ramp and over the gap in the wall. You'll find yourself in a small grove that doesn't seem very special, but if you ride towards the far side and you'll fall into a large crevice. This will get you the pathfinder award and will get you into the crystal cave, which has a treasure chest in it.

captain456 11-02-2011 08:52 AM

Other Pathfinder Locations:

City Resort: Directly below the three UFO-shaped buildings should be a dip in the ground that leads into a building. This building will have lit-up floor panels that turn different colors and make musical noises when you walk over them. This gets you the pathfinder award.

Snow Resort: This one is very tricky, just like the marine resort. One slope on the left side of the mountain (If you're starting from the top. It's the right side on the mini-map) has a name that has something to do with space and is right after you pass the observatory. It will have numerous elevated rock platforms that you can jump from and earn an achievement. However, completely ignore those platforms and stick to the ground on the left side. You'll be passing under numerous arches due to the rock platforms, but always stick to the left side wall! Eventually, the path will split into the main slope and a small side path on the left. Take the left path and it will get very narrow, but you'll end up in a cave. This cave is similar to Bigfoot Canyon from the past two games in the series. It will have a photo shoot, a treasure chest, and a bungee jump activity.

Mountain Resort: Go to Shanghar Castle in the lake and follow the path towards the back end. You'll pass the path to the docks and a another path back around towards the front of the castle. Just after you pass the second path, turn to the right. You may notice a number of platforms that scale the wall of the castle. Jump from one platform to the next and you'll end up on the stone roof, then onto the red shingle roof. From the red shingle roof you should see a tower with a treasure chest on it and a platform on the structure NEXT to the tower. Jump onto that platform (If you miss you'll have to restart the castle climbing) and then onto the platform that circles around the tower. Making it to the top will earn you the pathfinder award and a treasure chest!

captain456 11-02-2011 09:25 AM

"Jumped Off a Cliff" Locations:

Marine Resort: If you go past the ATV jump activity in the Off-Road park, then you'll find yourself driving along the edge of a cliff that overlooks the beach. Keep driving until you find a section jutting out in front of Pirate Rock (the bungee jump area). This cliff will have in ancient sword sticking out of the ground. Jump off that cliff to earn the award.

Mountain Resort: Jump off the Otti Macrae Falls (or whatever it's called). That's the biggest waterfall in the resort and you can easily warp there from the pause menu. As a side note, when swimming off of the falls, it is possible to jump just before you fall off and land on the bridge far down below. That must hurt your feet...

Snow Resort: If you start at the top of the mountain and go down, take the path on the right. I believe that there are two more intersections after that. I know that you take a left on one of them (sorry, remembering is tough). This will eventually bring you two a huge ramp that comes to a point in between two rock pillars. Go off of the ramp. Warning: That jump is INSANE!

City Resort: I don't really remember this one, so bear with me... I believe you either:
- Grind the entire Giant's Heel street and go off of the HUGE rail jump there (that earns you another award, by the way!).
- Grind up the space shuttle (not the UFO), which lands you on another rail that takes you by a building with a treasure chest and another rail jutting out. Jump onto that rail (which is very tricky), but it will probably take you away from the treasure. Instead it will take you to the top of the Wheel Slider building (behind the person for the Wheel Slider activity). You can choose to ride down the building and go off of the ramp there or take the rail back to the treasure chest. The ramp may get you the award. No promises!
-Another possibility is near the La Vacanza Mall. Nearby is another sort of shopping center with ramps that are black with orange railings. They are pretty much walking paths, but they go up. Follow them to the top and look around. A ramp will replace one of the railings and will take you onto a roof with a treasure chest. That roof will also have another, even bigger ramp that may earn you the award.

Unregistered 11-06-2011 04:00 PM

We love you captain456!!

Thank you!

Unregistered 11-07-2011 09:19 AM

One other question... Do you know how to get the treasure box in the Marine Resort that is in the center of the island that it behind the bungee rock?

Unregistered 11-11-2011 09:09 AM

Does anyone know how to get the pathfinder award and all the treasures in the marine resort?

Unregistered 11-14-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198968)
One other question... Do you know how to get the treasure box in the Marine Resort that is in the center of the island that it behind the bungee rock?

I assume you're referring to the one that is on the tall rock with no way to get up it. From the beach, go up and around (close to the treasure that is on the side of the cliff on a small shelf). You will see the treasure on the rock across the water. Use your 4 wheeler to jump over the beach and water to the top of the tall rock to get the treasure!

godario27 11-14-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199086)
I assume you're referring to the one that is on the tall rock with no way to get up it. From the beach, go up and around (close to the treasure that is on the side of the cliff on a small shelf). You will see the treasure on the rock across the water. Use your 4 wheeler to jump over the beach and water to the top of the tall rock to get the treasure!

Just realized you said in the center of the island. This one (or acually two) is located on the bottom right of the map near the jump-rock and bungee. :D

godario27 11-15-2011 08:10 AM

How do you get Gold Keys?

Last night I received all of my stamps! :D ...not much seemed to change though. But I can now see the list of challenges under View Records (instead of ???s). I'm not sure how many of the 12 of them I have accomplished with orange star-stamps, but there were quite a few and I have not received any gold keys yet! Has anyone received a gold key, yet?

godario27 11-15-2011 08:16 AM

Old man that needs help in the Marine Resort....

There is a guy that asks you to help him find 7 things in the marine resort. I have found them all for him (but he keeps re-losing them) except for the one that is "by a stone statue of some creature". I think I found the stone statue in the ocean (it looks kinda like a fairy) but did not find the item by it anywhere. My question is, if I find it do I have to re-find everything else? And if I do, will I get a gold key?

Unregistered 11-16-2011 03:50 PM

gold key!!!

where are the gold keys??? Or... HOW DO U GET THEM???

godario27 11-19-2011 10:30 AM

Our 4 year old got our 1st gold key! Of course, I was out of the room, but she says she waved at someone. She must have hit the magic number! Also, she always invites friends when she finds them so that may have something to do with it also! The gold key was awarded to her for being "everyone's friend"! She now owns a haunted house! LOL

Unregistered 11-23-2011 11:22 AM

I can't find one treasure chest in the mountain resort.....
can anybody help me?