GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18549)

Dale Weir 03-26-2011 12:49 PM

Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and New Friends for Nintendo 3DS. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 03-29-2011 03:25 PM

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

How Do You Get A Better Lure?

I've Been Stuck On Pro Cup And I've Been To Every Shop/Boutique!

Unregistered 03-29-2011 07:15 PM

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Okay, so the game now has this big sandpit in the middle of the throwing range in Pro disc contest.

What the heck am I supposed to do? I can't throw the disc at an angle, cause my pooch'll miss it. If I throw it through the pit, the sand slows my dog down, thus costing him a catch.

Am I supposed to train at the seaside beach park till he gets faster in the sand?
Ugh, this game really knows how to make it tough for those trying to train an all-star champion.

Unregistered 03-30-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195690)
How Do You Get A Better Lure?

I've Been Stuck On Pro Cup And I've Been To Every Shop/Boutique!

me too!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Unregistered 03-30-2011 03:27 PM

i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?

Unregistered 03-30-2011 04:46 PM

I Wonder If It Appears After You Obtain 100 Owner Points, Because I'm On Pro Cup But Still Nothing!

I've Tried Disc Competitions To Earn Some Money As Well, But As Soon As I Get To Pro, I Just Can't Compete!

Unregistered 03-30-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195710)
i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?

look at your journal then go to the envelope, look in the top right corner and it should say spotpass encounters or something and then switch to trainer points. You get them mainly by entering competitions and getting new dogs. How many trainer points do you have, because I have no such luck as to find a better lure in the shop. Thanks.

Unregistered 03-30-2011 06:44 PM

ok so i coulda sworn i had around 630+ owner points earlier today...

now i have 600. WTF??? is there a way i coulda lost some points? is that possible? cuz i always clean up after my pup on walks. maybe i wasnt paying attention to the points or something.

but still can someine tell me all the ways to LOSE points so that i avoid this in the future?

Unregistered 03-30-2011 08:35 PM

well here is an answer to all ur questions,
1.you can get a better lure by earning trainer points, unlike the 1st nintendogs this is not an easy ditsy game you play for stress reilief! they made it a tone more difficult.
2. yes u have to train at seaside till ur dog gets faster in sand.
3. (my question) how the heck do you get your dogs physic to ideal??!!
4.yes you can lose trainer points, by being "mean" to your dog, like when your brushing your dogs coat and it yelps or when your on a walk and your dog yelps. so basically don't make your pup yelp.

the end!

:)

Unregistered 03-30-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195723)
well here is an answer to all ur questions,
1.you can get a better lure by earning trainer points, unlike the 1st nintendogs this is not an easy ditsy game you play for stress reilief! they made it a tone more difficult.
2. yes u have to train at seaside till ur dog gets faster in sand.
3. (my question) how the heck do you get your dogs physic to ideal??!!
4.yes you can lose trainer points, by being "mean" to your dog, like when your brushing your dogs coat and it yelps or when your on a walk and your dog yelps. so basically don't make your pup yelp.

the end!

thank you sooo much for explaining the loss of points :)
yeah my puppy has been yelping. tho sometimes when i tap on the leash after lifting the stylus for a sec, shell yelp as if i were yanking the leash... and i do pull her leash to keep her from puddles. idk wat to do about that :'(

but yeah thank you so much! ill be more aware now!

Unregistered 03-31-2011 01:40 PM

Yeah, Thanks! With This Info I've Been Able To Get My 3rd Pet ( A Beagle Called Scamp)

Unregistered 03-31-2011 01:46 PM

I found that a good way to get trainer points is by feeding your dogs when hungry, giving them water when thirsty, winning competitions with them, petting them, giving them treats after they do a trick you asked them to do (I think this also helps them to not be confused by commands), giving them baths, brushing them, and taking them for walks. Dogs can each raise their happiness 200 points per day (you can view their happiness by going into the dog's info and clicking on their picture). As far as how much a cat's happiness can go up in a day, I don't know. I haven't had the patience to get it that high because they are pretty darn hard to please.

Oh, and in referrence to the person who wanted to know about how to boost your dogs' physique? This is just a guess, but try giving it some Diet Food. It appears in the normal Barc store (not any of them you encounter on a walk) after you get a certain amount of owner points.

I've been trying to discover a lot of secrets about this game and I think I've become relatively versed.... If you guys have any more questions, please feel free to email them to me at beth_n_luke_4eva@hotmail.com and I will try my best to answer them! ^^

Hope this helped~!

Unregistered 03-31-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195715)
look at your journal then go to the envelope, look in the top right corner and it should say spotpass encounters or something and then switch to trainer points. You get them mainly by entering competitions and getting new dogs. How many trainer points do you have, because I have no such luck as to find a better lure in the shop. Thanks.

thanks:) i have 1510 points. don't know what i had yesterday.
i didn't know you could actually loose trainer points:O guess i have to be careful.

Unregistered 03-31-2011 04:09 PM

introduce your pets

getting of topic here but i'm curious of which dog/cat types you own in this game and what you named them. this is my pets:
Beast- french bulldog, black and white
Belle- standard cat, tricolour
Maduin- sheperd, all black

Unregistered 03-31-2011 05:22 PM

My Dogs:
Goldie, A Male Golden Retriever
Skype, A Female Calico Standard Cat
Scamp: A Female Tricolour Beagle

Does Anyone Know How Unlock The Labrador In Golden Retriever + New Friends?