GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Next-Gen Console Games (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Human Revolution (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17437)

Li-Ion 06-05-2010 08:34 AM

Human Revolution

I'm a sucker for cyberpunk movies and games ever since... ever! Thus I'm thrilled that finally a third part of Deus Ex is in the making. Newest trailer here. I like that there are ample amounts of riots, sunglasses and trenchcoats in the trailer so far.

Unlike the new XCom, this game seems to be at least the right genre ;)

RandomRob 06-05-2010 10:49 AM

Re: Human Revolution

yes- cautiously and slightly excited this might be good

Li-Ion 06-08-2010 08:47 AM

I try to contain my excitement as good as possible, but I catch myself running around yelling at random people: "An invisible cyborg behind you!" ;)

Li-Ion 06-11-2010 08:40 AM

There is a new preview, a fresh interview and a third article on the same day on fan service in Deus Ex 3 on Eurogamer.

RandomRob 06-11-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li-Ion (Post 185058)
I try to contain my excitement as good as possible, but I catch myself running around yelling at random people: "An invisible cyborg behind you!" ;)

I do this without a game being released! :o

Li-Ion 03-01-2011 02:11 PM

My excitement for Deus Ex reaches alarming levels. I think I have to watch the Phantom Menace in order to remind myself how anticipation can turn into disgust and hatred. After all Rock, Paper, Shotgun already wonders about the characterization of NPC in the game. Hmmm...

However, things still look very nice. Yes, very nice indeed.

Ah yeah, some other trailer also came out.

tehmaster 03-10-2011 09:27 PM

Hopefully it is not as bad as the second one and buggy. The trailer does look sick though

Li-Ion 03-11-2011 03:51 AM

I don't think of Deus Ex 2 anymore. What is DX2? There was never a DX2. As far as I'm concerned Human Revolution as prequel is the second game in the Deus Ex Universe.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Alec: IT WAS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Whatís odd is that the further we get away from DX and the closer we get to DX3, the more DX2 just disappears
Quinns: I was about to say. DX2 is nothing more than this radar smudge in my mind. Itís not tangible, and DX3 isnít tainted by it in the slightest. Partially because everything I see of DX3 speaks of powerful competence, and partially because DX3 is (in terms of setting) a prequel rather than a sequel.

RandomRob 03-11-2011 11:16 AM

I think DX2 is a fantastic game when you compare it to other entries in the genre since it came out.

I would not get my hopes up that 3 will be better than 2. I just don't see it.

Li-Ion 03-11-2011 11:24 AM

Really? I remember stopping to play Deus Ex 2 after 2 hours because of absolute boredom. I can't even recall what it was about anymore. I seriously hope that Deus Ex 3 will not make me fall asleep after 2 hours...

RandomRob 03-11-2011 01:46 PM

2 words:

SQUARE ENIX.

:o

Li-Ion 03-11-2011 02:47 PM

2 other words:

so what? :p

RandomRob 03-11-2011 03:06 PM

Because they've been putting out mostly eye candy crap lately.

Hey, I hope it's a good game. But I'm not holding my breath.

tehmaster 03-11-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomRob (Post 195251)
I think DX2 is a fantastic game when you compare it to other entries in the genre since it came out.

I would not get my hopes up that 3 will be better than 2. I just don't see it.

We can't say a game is good by comparing it to awful games. As a stand alone game, DX2 was horrible.

Not to mention like it was filled with bugs and glitches that were never patched.

Gog 03-11-2011 05:22 PM

You should know that Square Enix is only publishing the game; Eidos Montreal is the company developing it.

Nier was a game published by Square Enix and developed by (sadly, the now disbanded) Cavia; it didn't feel at all like a Square Enix game; my guess is Deus Ex 3 will be more akin to a western RPG.

That said, it doesn't even look remotely interesting to me... but I've never played Deus Ex 1 before, so... Still, I don't like the overall look of the game (disgusting color palette, ugly characters). The same goes for the dialogue and voice acting I've heard so far, and the premise isn't very appealing or original.

And... it's a western action RPG. I hate all of them.