GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16205)

Dale Weir 09-12-2009 01:07 PM

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for Nintendo DS and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 09-16-2009 08:23 PM

level help

on hornet's nest(last level in Stalingrad), what do you have to destroy? is it the planes or the ground things? cuz it says to destroy the transports, and if those are the planes, im still having trouble. anyone know what to do

Unregistered 09-18-2009 05:43 AM

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

I can't get past Hornets Nest either. Everytime I think I'm clearing the skies, it then says mission failed - the transports got through.

Unregistered 09-19-2009 06:00 AM

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

i hate this hornest nest level, like amost everyone. I cant understand why a developer make this kind of f...uck.g level. I did really like this game, but because of this level, i dont like it anymore, damn. I have tried this level thousands time, without any result on arcade style. i want to play this game, but its all over for me, i guess.

ecboyd1380 09-19-2009 10:21 AM

i like birds of prey but hornets nest is the biggest pile of bullshet i ever steped n!y make unbeatable levels

Unregistered 09-20-2009 03:45 AM

agree, i shoot 30 transportplanes down, still mission failed. I am already an excellent arcade flyer on this xboxgame, but i cant beat this hornet's nest level 'from hell'. Please developer, give us an update make this level happy playable on arcadestyle.

Unregistered 09-21-2009 11:35 AM

I'm stuck on Hornet's Nest as well. I shot everything down until they stopped sending any more transport planes, took out all the ground radar & gun installation, and even spend the time to take out every plane on the ground at the airfield and nothing happened for 30 minutes. When I went looking for new targets, but I kept getting the prompt to return to the battle zone out on the edges of the map. 505 is getting a call from me this afternoon.

Oh, yeah...I dropped the $40 for the Thrustmaster Hotas X stick and the game got 100% better.

Unregistered 09-22-2009 03:48 PM

I'm also stuck. It sucks to play for 8 1/2 minutes only to get "Mission Failed"...all the other levels seemed pretty simple.

I'm checking the radar every couple of seconds, I'm not leaving planes, what is up?

Unregistered 09-24-2009 11:50 AM

i really dont want to put anyone down, but you all must really SUCK!! i borrowed this game from a friend, played the missions, and beat hornets nest on the second try. just fuck shit up as fast as you can, and the mission is cake.

BOB 09-28-2009 09:43 PM

Unlike the rude ass who gave absolutely no insight into how he beat the stage I will hopefully shed some light. I, like the rest of you played countless rounds into the 8 minute + range only to be bewildered as to how I failed the stage. First of all you don't need to worry about the crap on the floor. Just put all your energy in knocking off the transit planes. The key is to make sure you actually shot down every plane in each grouping. You will notice the marker for some of the planes that you missed growing faint. This means the planes are trying to land. You need to get down to shoot them before they land. Trust you may think you got every plane in each pattern but chances are you did not if you don't keep close count of how many are in each grouping. Also coming in from the side helps your kill rate. I hope this helps. The next stage is boring by comparison.

weebar 10-01-2009 07:20 AM

thanks for that, i did wonder if the fading arrows meant they were landing, but i wrongly assumed the fading arrows meant they were crashing, it makes perfect sense now, of course we will keep failing because we are letting the buggers land without realising it! have to be quicker and more accurate, few more frustrating nights on the ps for me then!

simples!

DanMelt 10-04-2009 04:43 AM

Hi all, I also found this to be the most difficult mission in the game. I have one word to help you get through this mission: ROCKETS!!!! When attacking groups of bombers, go in with canons and rockets blazing. Well placed rockets can take out several bombers at once. Hope this helps.

Unregistered 10-08-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOB (Post 174368)
Unlike the rude ass who gave absolutely no insight into how he beat the stage I will hopefully shed some light. I, like the rest of you played countless rounds into the 8 minute + range only to be bewildered as to how I failed the stage. First of all you don't need to worry about the crap on the floor. Just put all your energy in knocking off the transit planes. The key is to make sure you actually shot down every plane in each grouping. You will notice the marker for some of the planes that you missed growing faint. This means the planes are trying to land. You need to get down to shoot them before they land. Trust you may think you got every plane in each pattern but chances are you did not if you don't keep close count of how many are in each grouping. Also coming in from the side helps your kill rate. I hope this helps. The next stage is boring by comparison.

How many planes needed to shoot down to win????

Unregistered 10-09-2009 09:05 AM

No one can beat the Hornets Nest and I think the developer needs to do a update on XBOX 360 so we can get past this mission as everyone is in the same situation were can we send for help????

Unregistered 10-10-2009 02:23 PM

Bob's comment is appreciated but it still does not explain the fact that no matter what you do after approx. 8min 30 the mission is failed. Whether you only shoot targets on the ground or only on the air or simply not shoot anything at all and just fly around, after 8min 30 its over. Obviously, this 'magic threshold' is the key.

For arguments sake, I dispersed of 5 groups of enemy planes and transporters - I check the the radar and there are no faint green lights and no yellow lights in the pocket - The voice of the radio then says 'there is another group coming from the left - we will take care off it' - 10 seconds after that the mission is failed - Everytime the same result. If indeed I am missing a plane, where is it suppose to be? It is not on the radar.

I have now tried it 10 times, on my PS3, in arcade mode. All previous levels I managed with ease - Why oh why do developers opt for throwing you such a crooked curveball in the middle of the game? How is that suppose to enhance the gaming pleasure? I paid 40 pounds and now I am stuck and from all the previous comments a lot has to do with 'being lucky' in order to conquer this level - That is BS!!!