GameCritics.com Forums

GameCritics.com Forums (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Guide Help (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy (http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12809)

Chi Kong Lui 09-06-2007 02:58 AM

Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Blue Dragon here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.

Unregistered 09-19-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Blue Dragon Tips, Tricks, Hints, Help, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Yeah I was wondering if anyone out there was having a hard time arounf the second disk and even more in the third disk of the game just freezing up on them. because I only get about an hour of play before it just freezes, and it happens more frequently when i'm in the airship. just curious if every one else was having the same issiue.

Unregistered 09-29-2007 02:40 PM

on the first disk how do you defeat szabo??

Havyk 10-05-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136841)
Yeah I was wondering if anyone out there was having a hard time arounf the second disk and even more in the third disk of the game just freezing up on them. because I only get about an hour of play before it just freezes, and it happens more frequently when i'm in the airship. just curious if every one else was having the same issiue.

I actually had to return my game to the store I bought it from because of a similar problem. They told me that they've been getting a lot returned because of bad disks. You might see if it's dirty or scratched...if it seems fine, then you might have a bad disk and need to exchange it. Of course, I've been noticing my XBox just freezing in other games too, for no reason. Not sure what's up with that.

Havyk 10-05-2007 05:30 PM

Hey, so I played the ENTIRE GAME before I found this out...so I'm going to pass it along to anyone else who might find it interesting:

You know those Kelelon accessories? ...really powerful, right? ...but equipping them turns you into Kermit the Frog's gay nephew? Well, have a status-proof accessory on with it--something that would prevent you from getting turned into a Kelelon in the first place. Then, you can enjoy the awesome bennies of these accessories as your normal every-day self!

Oh, yeah! ...another thing I didn't know until the end of the game: As you level up your shadow in different classes, those classes become more powerful when you use them. It's perfectly fine to put on lower-leveled classes while you're just wandering around on the field...but if you're going to fight a boss, make sure you equip your highest level class before the fight (provided it's something other than Generalist, which is never really powerful anyway.)

Someone asked about the Szabo battle on disk 1...I don't remember the first battle, though none of them were very hard. I've learned as a general rule of thumb with this game: if you aren't making progress killing a boss, look for other ways. Sometimes you need to select one of their body parts, or you need to cast Reflect on one of your party to bounce black-magic spells off of. Sometimes you heal your enemies with magic...sometimes with physical. Some battles you're not even supposed to attack during. If you're still having problems defeating Szabo, take a step back and look at how you can approach it differently.

Blue Dragon's coooooool!
:D

Unregistered 10-08-2007 12:30 AM

I'm having a VERY VERY hard time with Heat-Wave Sai on the 1st disc, I started fighting him 4 days after i got it and its been over a month. Most everyones level 18, but Maru is 17 and Kluke is 19, i was wondering if i should make them all black mages or should i stay with thier original class. And if there is no solution, what should i do? Start over, any help would be great!

Unregistered 10-16-2007 03:01 AM

hi im having trouble on the 1st disc in the hospital ruins chasing maku ( I think ) or the guy in the drill machine. Its got me real confused and i've killed every monster on all three floors but i have no idea where to go. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Unregistered 10-16-2007 12:54 PM

Well i am having trouble also on the first disk. when your in the drill machine what do you do or where do you go when you have activated the warp thingy?

Kin Korn Karn 10-16-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137721)
hi im having trouble on the 1st disc in the hospital ruins chasing maku ( I think ) or the guy in the drill machine. Its got me real confused and i've killed every monster on all three floors but i have no idea where to go. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Blue Dragon can be tricky in the sense that is pretty old school. This means you can get turned around pretty easily. In this case, it is best that you make a map, if at the very least just be sure to pay attention and keep good mental notes of where you have been.

In this case you may be missing a hole in the wall in a room that looks like it was blown open. Just continue using the stairs. If the stairs are done, then perhaps it may be time to use the elevator?

Kin Korn Karn 10-16-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137727)
Well i am having trouble also on the first disk. when your in the drill machine what do you do or where do you go when you have activated the warp thingy?

This one is kindof tricky. There is a ramp that leads up that is hard to see when you are running around a corner on one of the floors (probably the top floor, I'd assume). Hard to see if you aren't looking for it, but it is there.

Unregistered 10-16-2007 11:07 PM

I have used the stairs and the elevator and have gone through every door and opened every chest and killed every monster but i can't find maku. Do you know where he is? (in hospital ruins 1st disc).

Kin Korn Karn 10-21-2007 07:50 PM

Have you fought the boss wolves yet?

Unregistered 10-30-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137082)
on the first disk how do you defeat szabo??

You probably got to fight him at a much weaker level. You should always train excessively when playin any rpg game. If its too late to train then follow what they say during battle, and attack his weak points. They will mention it during the fight.

P.S Disk three throws in some awesome specials for each dragon!!!

Unregistered 11-03-2007 05:49 PM

hi guys im having troubles i realli need help... i only have heal shina shine and cure paralysis for jiro... how to i put other spells onto the list such as zephyx regenerate and the rest.. i need these skills to get through easier thanks get bak me asap xxx

Unregistered 11-03-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138372)
hi guys im having troubles i realli need help... i only have heal shina shine and cure paralysis for jiro... how to i put other spells onto the list such as zephyx regenerate and the rest.. i need these skills to get through easier thanks get bak me asap xxx

if you have bought those spells than you need to level jiro's white magic more.. his white magic skills is probably to low....

if you don't have zephyr and stuff don't worry, you will be able to buy then from different places.