- Member for
- 8 years 39 weeks
- view recent blog entries
- Brief Bio
Mike Bracken is a 37-year-old writer and bohemian living in Florida with a mountain of movies, books, and video games.
A film critic by trade, specializing in Euro-horror, cult exploitation, and Asian action cinema, Mike has written reviews for a diverse group of print and online publications. He covers horror news, movies, books, and games at TheHorrorGeek.com and Horrorsquad.com and spent two seasons as The Horror Geek on Comedy Central's pop-culture game show, Beat the Geeks.
Mike's childhood was spent playing videogames any time he got a chance. His parents had a Pong console and his grandmother had an Atari 2600, where Mike cultivated his skills by playing hour upon hour of games like Space Invaders, Berserk, and Asteroids. From those early experiences Mike learned one thing: he loved games.
In 1999, Mike became a staff reviewer at Cinescape Magazine's website where he spent a year learning the craft of game criticism. After internal changes led to Mike leaving Cinescape in late 2000, he joined up with RPGFan in 2001 and spent several years writing reviews for them. Happy, but looking for an opportunity to expound on a wider variety of titles, Mike joined GameCritics.com and hopes to help Chi, Dale, and the rest of the GC staff bring a higher level of respect to the field of game criticism.
- Ten All-Time Favorites Games
- 10. Diablo II, 9. Ninja Gaiden (NES), 8. Disgaea, 7. Final Fantasy XI, 6. Earthbound, 5. Phantasy Star Online, 4. Super Castlevania IV, 3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, 2. Final Fantasy VI, 1. Chrono Trigger
- Favorite Types of Games
- Role-Playing Games
Code of Conduct
1) Treat all users with respect.
2) Post with an open-mind.
3) Do not insult and/or harass users.
4) Do not incite flame wars.
5) Do not troll and/or feed the trolls.
6) No excessive whining and/or complaining.
Please report any offensive posts here.